Cloud based IoT platform for < 50 devices (Losant, UbiDots, Azure, etc.)

azure has IoT hub, IoT central, IoT edge, etc.
IoT hub: the price is nice, you can store the data in tables for a reasonable price as well. you can also trigger node.js functions stored on azure. be careful with their billing. it can escalate rapidly and no one seems to know what’s going on. i’ve gotten refunds but no real explanation as to why other than my node.js apps have 1GB of files and access to those cost a lot – this was NOT clear at the outset. it’s been over a month and i haven’t gotten a good response. therefore, i’m storing data in their flat tables but i’ve migrated all functions to a VM. essentially, with azure, you replace system admin hell with arbitrary billing insight hell. their customer service people are super nice, though. their system is also far superior to both ibm bluemix and google gcp. it’s far easier to use and far better documented. and usually cheaper. i hope they get their act together.

initialstate.com: nice graphs, very reasonably priced. $10/month for 3 million messages. you can organize the devices however you want. graphs seem nice enough. they were acquired by tektronix, so they should be around for a while.

blynk is quite expensive for commercial use ($200/mo or so) until you hit a certain number of devices.

1 Like