I am reading through the Particle Certifications docs for the Boron and B series SoMs and I have a few questions.
Series B402 and Boron states that to comply with FCC certification you must use the same type and dBi rating antenna. The GRANT OF EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION for the B402 states “Maximum permitted antenna gain: 3.5 dBi for Band 2, 4, 1 dBi for Band12
- The particle store only has LTE antennas with 4.7dBi and 5dBi. Does this mean we can’t use these antenna with the B-Series modules and still be compliant with the FCC certs?
- The requirement of “the same type” of antenna. What type of cellular antenna was the B series certified with?
- The B series B402 module is not listed under the IC (Industry Canada) section. Does this mean the B series is not certified for use in Canada?
- The B series B402 module nor the Boron LTE module is not listed under the CE approval section. Does this mean these modules do not have CE certification?
- I know the B series is PTCRB certified, but it is not listed under the PTCRB section of the docs. It is certified right?
- Do you have a list of antennas that are the same type and are within the dBi limits for the Boron and B series devices?
Thanks for the help.