Boron in SOS mode not letting me enter safe mode, and Serial isn't working

Hello, I've encountered an issue with my Boron, it went into SOS mode with 10 red kinda slow blinks. I've tried entering safe mode with the buttons and it doesn't work. Then I tried entering safe mode via USB but it's not recognizing the device anywhere, there isn't a new COM or anything appearing when I plug it in the computer. Can anyone help me with this? I don't know what else to try or if it is a Hardware problem.

The next thing to try is to see if you can put it in DFU mode (blinking yellow). Unplug the battery and USB power. Hold down the MODE button and plug in USB power. Continue to hold down MODE while it's blinking magenta (red and blue at the same time) until it blinks yellow. If it stays blinking yellow, you can try Device Restore USB to fix the device.

1 Like

Hi, we've tried that too, but it doesn't seem to work, it just keep blinking with the SOS :sweat:

If that's the case, then the problem is likely a hardware issue or a corrupted bootloader or softdevice binary.

In its current state, the only way to fix a software issue would be using a SWD/JTAG debugger, but that won't help if it's a hardware problem, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.