Boron 2G/3G unusable. Flashing green 8s once white endless cycle

Hello together,
one of my boron 2G/3G became unusable.

Behavior:
Normal start:
Continuously repeating:
Flashing fast green for 8s, than once white.

Holding down setup, taping reset, continuoue to hold down setup:
flashing magenta 3s, than 4s yellow, than flashing green

During yellow phase the device usb device is found shortly, but never long enough to flash anything over particle CLI.

What shall i do?

I have 3 other borons 2G/3G working fine.

Kind regards!

Are you releasing the setup button as soon as you see yellow? Or do you continue to hold until you see green? If you are simply trying to flash new code, can you release at yellow and then flash via DFU?

I release directly when i see yellow,
It stays flashing yellow for 2-4s and than immediately flashes green again.
Dfu fails. I tried to time it shortly before yellow, during yellow and after yellow. Did that ~20 times, power cycled sometimes in between.

Can you verify if you know the battery and power source on the device are known to be good? Try swapping them with one of your known working Boron 2G/3G.

Furthermore, what is the device OS version and user firmware on this device? Ideally, I would like to see the device’s behavior under rc27 and Tinker if you are able to get it into a state to put these on there.

1 Like

The power supply was faulty.

The device is now stable connected again for 18h after an exchange of both battery and supply.

Thank you for your immediate attention and response to this matter.

Kind regards.

1 Like

Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved!

Should you need anything else, always feel free to reach out here on our forums or at support!