Argon, particle-cli & WPA2 Enterprise (PEAP/MSCHAPv2)

Hello, I just received my Mesh order yesterday! I wanted to play around with it a bit on my University network, and I know that at some point recently WPA2 Enterprise support was added for the Particle Photon, so I figured that it might also be available to the Argon.

However, there’s one problem; the only way that’s available to set this up is with particle-cli (see the docs). I just installed the latest particle-cli for Windows (with the installer) and ran particle serial wifi… But WPA2 Enterprise is never an option when selecting security types; only WEP, WPA, WPA2, and Unsecured are available; I chose WPA2, and I am only given the cipher choices and never the opportunity to enter the various PEAP/MSCHAPv2 information as referenced in the docs.

Am I missing something? Is WPA2 Enterprise support not a thing anymore? Or is it only for the Photon?

[edit] Maybe the Particle CLI’s particle serial wifi is not updated to support the 3rd Gen hardware, as Will notes in this post

The Argon does not support WPA2 Enterprise at this time.

I don’t have any information about if or when it might be implemented, but I’ll see if I can find out.

Quick question - have you got WPA2 Enterprise PEAP/MSCHAPv2 working on the Photon in your University Environment.

Perhaps the Ethernet Featherwing is a more sensible route for now!

No, back when the Photon came out and I brought it into the University environment to play with - the WPA2 Enterprise support hadn’t yet been developed. I just left them at home :slight_smile:

The word is that WPA2 Enterprise support will be added, however not immediately. All of the effort is on stability and reliability at this point. Once things look stable we’ll add in the missing features like BLE, WPA2 Enterprise, etc…

I am working on devices/products for use in Universities - they all want WPA2 Enterprise security but I haven’t been able to get it to work 0.8.0-RC.11 with my test WAP and RADIUS server. I believe that there is an issue still with the program space to fit in different signature methods for when the RADIUS server does not use the one the Photon can support. However, with the extra space that the Argon has this shouldn’t be such an issue :wink: