504 gateway error when opening events stream! Help please

Hello wonderful people at Particle community

We are getting a 504 bad gateway error when trying to open the events stream. Every other GET requests appears to be working. Is anyone else seeing the issue this afternoon?

thanks
Rahil

https://api.particle.io/v1/events?access_token=yadayada

That works for me?

1 Like

Hi Moors7,

Thanks for checking. The events for the account may be working. But this is certainly happening at the device level. A bunch of our customers have submitted support tickets regarding same. We subscribe to the event stream from the customer's device.

Interestingly, the event stream is working for our test (particle) account and the not the production account.

Have you seen something like this before? It

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey all!

I just tested this here and was able to reproduce the issue. I suspect there is an unhealthy instance in the rotation for this endpoint. Working on fixing it.

Thanks,
David

3 Likes

Hi Dave

We are relieved this reached you. Thanks for looking into the issue.

Rahil

2 Likes

Hi @rahilj,

I’ve kicked the unhealthy instance responsible, and I think this should fix the issue, can you confirm you’re no longer seeing the issue on your end?

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Hi @Dave

It appears to be working at our end. I will check with the customers and let you know if it persists at their end (it should not).
Thanks for your help.

Rahil

Can you please log this and future problems on http://status.particle.io/

I have been banging my head on my desk trying to figure this out thinking it was something with my code

Also, could this have started yesterday or earlier?

1 Like

Though I agree that outtages should generally be documented there, this one took about 20 minutes from confirmation to fix, which IMHO is pretty good.

In case of doubt, just ask, we're all here to help :slight_smile:

Hi @amillen,

Sorry about that! I’ll bring this up with the team.

Thanks,
David

3 Likes

While you are correct that the resolution time was pretty good, the issue was identified a lot later than it should be. Apparently, it started happening about 12 hours before my initial post. So, if there is a way to monitor individual endpoints, it would not be a bad idea.

Thanks again to the awesome Particle dev team for immediate action.

6 Likes

Hi @Dave

Sorry for the bug report towards the end-of-day, but this issue (event stream won’t connect) seems to be happening again. We are getting the same 504 gateway timeout error.

Could you please take a look?

6:07 PM PST update - it is working now, but in case you do wanna look, I could dm the device ids I tested with…