This was the second time our team was taking part in HackIllinois (Hardware Hackathon) and once again, we wanted to work on something fun…
Wizard Staff is a popular drinking game in which one tapes consecutive new cans of liquid on top of their empties, and thereby creates a “Wizard’s Staff”. If one’s staff is longer than another player, then that higher level wizard may instruct the lower level wizard to hydrate himself.
But what if your liquid of choice doesn’t come in cans?
Enter wizard staff. wizard staff is a set of connected pint glasses, an Android app, and companion Pebble app and web app for viewing the scoreboard. It allows for people to play Wizard Staff with any liquid that goes in a glass. Stay hydrated!
Our project was featured on Hackaday and we were the winner of the Best Use of Spark Hack at Hackillinois 2015!
wizard staff was built on the following technologies.
- Spark Core - embedded platform.
- Pebble - wearable platform.
- Android - application platform.
- Firebase - database platform.
- StrapKit - wearable software platform.
- MPAndroidChart - Android plotting library.
- Node - web development platform.
- Grunt - web development task runner.
- Pure CSS - CSS framework of choice.
- Sass - CSS preprocessor of choice.