Windows SDK installation error

Hi, trying to add the SDK in a Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 app, I get this error:

PM> Install-Package Particle.SDK
Attempting to gather dependency information for package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0' with respect to project 'Tinkers', targeting 'WindowsPhone,Version=v8.1'
Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
Resolving actions to install package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0'
Resolved actions to install package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0'
Removed package 'Newtonsoft.Json.7.0.1' from 'packages.config'
Successfully uninstalled 'Newtonsoft.Json.7.0.1' from Tinkers
Adding package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' to folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Added package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' to folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Added package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' to 'packages.config'
Executing script file 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages\Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3\tools\install.ps1'
Successfully installed 'Newtonsoft.Json 8.0.3' to Tinkers
Install failed. Rolling back...
Package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0 : Newtonsoft.Json [8.0.3, )' does not exist in project 'Tinkers'
Removed package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' from 'packages.config'
Package 'Newtonsoft.Json.7.0.1' already exists in folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Added package 'Newtonsoft.Json.7.0.1' to 'packages.config'
Executing script file 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages\Newtonsoft.Json.7.0.1\tools\install.ps1'
Package 'Particle.SDK.0.1.0 : Newtonsoft.Json [8.0.3, )' does not exist in folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Removing package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' from folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Removed package 'Newtonsoft.Json.8.0.3' from folder 'd:\Users\Nico\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\Tinkers\packages'
Install-Package : Could not install package 'Particle.SDK 0.1.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'WindowsPhone,Version=v8.1', 
but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package autho
r.
At line:1 char:1
+ Install-Package Particle.SDK
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManagement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

Any ideas?

Hey, currently the SDK supports Windows RT (all 8.1+ devices) and plain .NET for portability reasons. Is there a specific reason you need Silverlight?

Hi,
It works like a charm in a plain WP8.1-project

No specific need for Sliverlight - but I had this existing Sliverlight app I wanted to add the Particle SDK to. I did get it working in the Silverlight app as well, by compiling the class from the source code in a stand-alone project, and adding a reference to it - so without nuget package manager.

Thanks!

Great! I’ll take a look and if Silverlight doesn’t require many code differences, I’ll add it as well.