Windows SDK Install Problem

Hi. I’m simply attempting to install the Windows SDK via NuGet in VS 2015 Update 2 on Windows 10. After I type Install-Package Particle.SDK at the NuGet prompt (or via the GUI), I get this message:

Attempting to gather dependency information for package ‘Particle.SDK.0.0.5’ with respect to project ‘ParticleTest’, targeting '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6’
Attempting to resolve dependencies for package ‘Particle.SDK.0.0.5’ with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest’
Resolving actions to install package 'Particle.SDK.0.0.5’
Resolved actions to install package 'Particle.SDK.0.0.5’
Install failed. Rolling back…
Package ‘Particle.SDK.0.0.5 : Newtonsoft.Json [8.0.3, )’ does not exist in project 'ParticleTest’
Package ‘Particle.SDK.0.0.5 : Newtonsoft.Json [8.0.3, )’ does not exist in folder 'C:\Users\Josh\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\ParticleTest\packages’
Could not install package ‘Particle.SDK 0.0.5’. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets ‘.NETFramework,Version=v4.6’, but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
========== Finished ==========

The Newtonsoft.Json package is indeed installed in the project.

I created a C# web forms application… seems like it should at least install!

Thanks for any help!

Hey, sorry for the troubles. What type of project are you building? Currently the SDK only supports WinRT apps (Windows Store). We’re working on a standard .NET library and will be out this week.

Thanks for the info. I can confirm that switching to Windows Universal project allows the install to work fine.

That’s not my target, so I will wait for the updated SDK.

What’s your target so I can make sure it works?

Thanks. It’ll likely be an ASP.Net web app.

Thanks

@vidiot: Just wanted to let you know I pushed v0.1.0 of the SDK that now also supports non WinRT applications.

1 Like

Thanks Justin, I saw that! I have successfully installed it in my ASP.Net application… no time yet to play around, but will do so as soon as I can. Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

@vidiot, your quite welcome. Please feel free to ping me if you have any issues. Would also love to know what your planning on using it for!

Justin, I cannot get my code to move past the login. Even something like:

Debug.WriteLine("Awaiting.");
        var success = await ParticleCloud.SharedCloud.LoginAsync("email", "pass");
        Debug.WriteLine("Done waiting");

Never outputs “Done waiting”. I am most likely doing something wrong as my async knowledge is quite low.

If you have a simple code snippet, please send to josh@rev2.ca — much appreciated, so I can move forward!

Thanks

Josh,

So we use async methods to not block the thread. You have two choices:

1. make sure the debug statement is dependent on the login completing:
if (success)
 Debug.WriteLine("Done waiting: Success");
else
 Debug.WriteLine("Done waiting: Failure");

Or simple don’t await:

var success = ParticleCloud.SharedCloud.LoginAsync("email", "pass").Result;
1 Like