Alright, describing colors in text is evidently not working. If possible, upload the video to youtube and post the link here. A dropbox link, or a google drive link should also work. If neither of those is available, try mailing it to support (at) particle.io If so, do reference this thread so they know what it’s about.
With the steps described in my first post, you should be able to get to breathing (not blinking) cyan, which is a mix of red and blue. (I often find it easier to differentiate between colors when I place a thin paper sheet over the LED, diffusing the colors. That makes it more uniform.)
So, the LED shout be breathing cyan, regardless of whether it’s been claimed or not.
Here are the steps I take for a device that’s in blinking blue mode on startup, thus without credentials. It’s also unclaimed.
- place it in DFU mode by holding setup, and pressing reset. Hold setup until blinking yellow:
- Device should now be in blinking blue mode (listening mode). Copy the deviceID for later.
- With the Photon still in blinking blue:
- To be very sure there’s no user application on there messing with the LED, place it in DFU mode again:
- Now, it should be breathing cyan (green/blue):
- It now shows up when I do a