Wildcards in IFTTT ingredient?

I would like to set up several IFTTT recipies that trigger off of a single Spark.publish(name, data). In other words, I would like to use one publish() in the firmware with one name and have each of several IFTTT recipies trigger off of the data content. In so doing, I would like to use wildcards in the data string, e.g. one IFTTT recipe might be: THIS: name = “message”, data = “away”. In other words, this recipe will trigger if the data includes the substring “away”. Does anyone know if something like this is possible? I tried using straight wildcard * and it doesn’t seem to work to produce the desired result.

Doesn’t it already have this function?

1 Like

The issue is that the “is (Event Contents)” doesn’t seem to support wildcards (if it does, please let me know how to structure this). So, if the data is structured as “away at 11:55 am EST” and also as “home at 1:23 pm EST” and I would like to get just the “away …” messages as an SMS text and not the “home …” messages, I would need the “is (Event Contents)” to support wildcards. Otherwise, I need two Spark.publish(). In actual fact, my application is generating and logging a whole host of messages and the message content is user configurable, so it is not so easy to provide a user interface that selects only a user-specified subset of the user’s own messages to trigger an SMS text. It would be really nice not to have to code all of the necessary user interface stuff into the firmware but let the user do this via IFTTT.

1 Like