Wikipedia refuses to allow creation of Spark Core page until its covered by Corporate News Outlets

The product line of “Books for Dummies” is always structured the same. This means, this means that, same menu layout, etc. The person writing the book still needs to have a very high degree of technical background with both electronics and the spark core and sense you are a seasoned technical writer you know that structure is important.

I am no expert but, I have been involved with a couple of these books; not as an author. I just read read revised copy for 8th grade level competency. I am perfect for that job because I think at that level :smile:

It would be best if someone associated with Spark Labs was involved but, if that’s not going to happen, okay. Let me run with it.

Ah, I see. Well, I don’t think we really need a Spark Core for Dummies book, do we? The main problem is nobody on the Spark Team has time to write a book, though they have been approached. That’s where I come into the picture. :wink:

I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say about my book at this point, but it will cover all the beginner aspects. Maybe @zach can chime in with some more information.

Maybe its because I think like an 8 year old who can’t get back in the box. Its only my uneducated opinion that having a Spark Core for Dummies in every Barnes & Noble; Local Library and sitting on my self would be a good. A lot of people are not able to make a jump in to technology without Google telling them how to do it.

Just my opinion and either way I do appreciate your comments and that you do a lot to help this community. As soon as your book is out I can assure you I will buying it.

Thanks,

Bobby

1 Like

Don’t worry @spydrop, such a book is in the works, as @timb has mentioned :slight_smile: It won’t be part of the “X for Dummies” line of books (because I would have no idea how to broker such a deal), but it will be similar in nature. In fact in my personal opinion, I think the resources coming from Maker Media, Adafruit, and SparkFun are the best in the business.

1 Like

Okay, Thanks, glad to hear it will be similar.