SCRIPTs in the SPARK world

Hi Phil, Glad to see others who are interested in HTML/Web access and/or control of Spark Core, HOWEVER, as you search the forum you will see my many posts that request the very things you suggest.

I suggested a Dummies for Spark Core and immediately informed that a very component technical writer is working on a Spark Core book (Not a Dummies book like I want to see).

I requested the support of a Web - HTML interface and I was told best to use the officially supported method. Java API. I was told its not safe to place your access_token in a webpage. So I figured out how to place the access_token (actual) in the core IDE firmware and use a variable in an webpage but, still no support for html control of spark core. (read this thread)

@BDub has a great htlm/java web application interface called remote start you should take a look at:

The collective feels that a lot of money was invested by the “Community” to use the official way of API (Java - Android).

If a HTML web interface is used it is suggested that a PHP Proxy service be employed to conceal the access_token in curl get and post requests.

But, if you really want to get a feeling of how HTML will not be supported here read this whole topic thread:

I would be happy to collaborate with someone in developing a HTML Web Interface. I have done some work on this using HTML / Jquery → Access_token hidden in IDE Core Firmware → External java variable but, I am not a programmer of any type. I just know HTML, some css, some very basic java.

I am trying to locate some files that I was working on for another person. Let me know if you are interested in seeing my approach.

Bobby

1 Like