Webhook states it failed but is working..?

I set up a new version of a webhook using the exact same format I have used in the past; however, I am now seeing a strange error message on the Particle integrations page listing them all as failed with the error message below:

The webhooks are actually working, or at least the data is being sent to my own server for storage and seems to work perfectly. I tried searching for this error message but came up empty handed.

I did notice that using the new form, I cannot exclude the password field for HTTP basic auth, whereas I used to just include the username. I don’t personally care that on the Particle site they are being recorded as errors; however, I don’t want the webhook to go to sleep…

Anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening and/or how to fix it?

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

1 Like

I was able to fix this by manually setting up the webhook (rather than using the form). It seems this occurred because I left the password field blank. Maybe the password field should be omitted if it is left empty, just sending the username?

2 Likes