In the past few days, I’ve seen an excessive number of timeouts when I attempt to flash devices via the Web IDE. Most of the time everything works great, but I’ve experienced “blocks of time” when flash timeouts are common. My solution has been to walk away for a while, and, for the most part, that has worked … everything is normal when I return. This evening, walking away did not help. In the past three hours, I’ve clicked the lightning bolt about 30 times, and my device was only updated twice. I should note that the problem is only with flashing. Compiles have always worked fine.
I’ve searched for issues on my end, and everything seems okay:
- Clearing cache, switched browsers, flashing other code (like Tinker), makes no difference.
- My router tells me that it has a 31Mbps down / 29Mbps up connection to the internet.
- My Xenon is mounted on an Ethernet FeatherWing and has a wired connection to the router and the Xenon reports regularly to its MQTT broker. Particle Console tells me that it normally has round-trips of 40-50ms, with occasional readings ranging from 2ms to 150 ms.
When I encounter one of these troublesome time blocks:
- Are there other details that I should be looking at in the Particle diagnostics?
- Are there other things I should check at my end?