Using a peripheral BLE on a Xenon

From what we know so far the built in BLE on the Mesh devices are only used for device setup/configuration. Will it be possible to connect an external BLE peripheral (say an Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend) without interference of the radios?

One of my applications is to use Mesh only devices without a gateway. I’d like to have a Bluetooth App to allow control of some actuators.

Thanks!

... upon release. Further bluetooth functionality will be added after release. So initially it will be for easy setup, and everything else will be added later.
But yes, I don't see why you couldn't add an additional bluetooth module, although I'd rather just wait for the built-in one.
Hope that helps.

Also since the radio bands for mesh and BLE overlap, you may need to take care of coexistence/concurence in application code, with the builtin BLE/BT features the system should take care for you.

"Further bluetooth functionality will be added after release. So initially it will be for easy setup, and everything else will be added later."

Is there any approximate timescale on that yet?

1 Like

Nope

Oh no.

Big job I guess.

More pressing work to be done first

Is there any timeline for this. when we can expect to see xenon is able to connect as peripheral to the phone?

@Areezo, a BLE API is top priority for Particle and we hope to see it in the coming weeks.

1 Like

it been more than one month now since this reply. I just would like to know when the release date will be. since my project is stopped waiting for this feature.

1 Like