Trouble conecting the photon using an android app

HI EVERYONE, I WAS HOPING TO GET SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE REGARDING THIS PROBLEM: ONCE I OPEN MY ANDROID PARTICLE APP I CAN SEE THE PHOTON BUT I AM UNABLE TO CONECT IT THE WIFI…THIS IS THE MESSAGE THE SHOWS… NO RESPONSE FROM THE PHOTON-HVVS. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

You can consider using the CLI to do it instead: https://docs.particle.io/guide/getting-started/connect/photon/#using-windows

HI PEEKAY123, I WAS HOPING TO GET SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE REGARDING THIS PROBLEM: ONCE I OPEN MY ANDROID PARTICLE APP I CAN SEE THE PHOTON BUT I AM UNABLE TO CONECT IT THE WIFI…THIS IS THE MESSAGE THE SHOWS… NO RESPONSE FROM THE PHOTON-HVVS. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?

@ADRIAN49, you connected your phone’s wifi to the Photon’s SoftAP wifi correct? Are you using a 5GHz multi-band router?

Don’t double-post - and don’t write all capital (it’s considered shouting on the web)

2 Likes

My apologies…no more double posting…regards Adrian

1 Like

I finaly got it working…first of all I got the newest android particle app released today. Then I followed your recommendations and configured the router. I enabled the SSID2 and assigned a different name ( my router has a total of 4 SSID) and finaly the Photon was able to connect to my router´s SSID2. Now it is breathing cyan and inmmediately used Tinker to turn the LED in D7 !

Thanks for your help and I am ready for new challenges…

regards
Adrián

1 Like