Tracker One caching publishes when disconnected from cloud

I have a question about the Tracker One and it’s ability to cache publishes that fail because of no connectivity. I see in the fleet config options, there is an option for ‘Acknowledge location publishes’ which says it will retry sending if cloud is not responsive. My questions are these:

How many retries will it attempt? What is the interval on retries? Will the marked timestamp be for initial attempt or for the successful retry?

Basically, I would like to be able to handle a Tracker One going out of service for a few hours, and then upon reconnection publish all data points that failed on initial attempt. So does the baseline Tracker One firmware handle this automatically? If not, is there a library to aid with this? If not, any suggestions or ideas for implementing this myself?

I don’t have any experience with Tracker One, but I was just reading Application Note 30 which seems to be related to your questions.
https://docs.particle.io/datasheets/app-notes/an030-eeprom-samples/

Hopefully someone else will chime in, but maybe that will give you some guidance in the meantime.