I have a Xenon which I had claimed and named before. For some reason, however, after powering on, the device starts blinking blue as if in Listening Mode or when a brand new device is not yet set up. I tried several times the setup procedure on the IOS app but it always hangs at the penultimate step (adding the new device to the selected mesh). I performed several times the following steps:
- scanned the QR code of the Xenon to be set up
- selected the (existing) mesh to which the device should be added
- scanned the QR code of the assisting device
- entered the password for the mesh network
- then I see the next screen progressing with the following notifications, i.e. “requesting permission from assisting device to add Xenon”, “Adding Xenon to the mesh network” … and this is where the sequence hangs: this step times out after a while and I do not reach the final step “Starting a secure session with the Partice Device Cloud” (“Retry” did not help).
Next, I tried the factory reset procedure as described in the Docs and subsequently the setup procedure again, with the same negative results as described above.
After that I used the CLI to claim the Xenon and to add it to my existing mesh. Both steps seem to have worked because in the console I see the device (strangely with the name I had chosen before all the problems started), and the device is correctly assigned to the selected mesh. I also tried to flash tinker over USB which gave me a “Flash success”. After all, however, it still insists on blinking blue after powering on. It does not enter into safe mode.