SparkCore and SmartConfig

Hello,

I’m qualifying SparkCore for a project and I need to use the TI SmartConfig Application to connect to it.

Connecting to it with the Spark application works well but I can’t do the same thing with the SmartConfig. Regarding this topic I used the configuration as below : (AES key = “sparkdevices2013”)

The SparkCore never answer .

The network is well functionning as I tested it with the Spark application. I also can see that frames from SmartConfig and Spark application are not the same. For example SmartConfig doesn’t send IGMP frame toward 224.0.1.187 but send lots of MDNS frame when Spark application send IGMP frame to 224.0.1.187 and 22.0.0.251 and no MDNS frames.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong ?

Thank You

Alexandre

From my experience, the handshake with the TI Smart config application is a problem.

Try to look at the links:

I still didn’t get the answer :expressionless:. Maybe you can pop it up to one of the “Spark Core Gurus”…

Good luck!
Itay

The spark app is essentially using the TI Smartconfig so it should work.

Can you try with the Spark app and see if it works? If that doesn’t work then probably there’s some Wifi config issues to be resolved

Hello,

Thank you for your answers itayd100 and kennethlimcp.

Actually I used your post itayd100 to try to make it work but it didn’t.
It works well with Spark app meaning that the network configuration is all ok. You can see on the other thread that I figured out that the problem wasn’t from the SparkCore but from a problem with the device running the TI software.
It works on a Samsung android tablet as it doesn’t on a PC with the java app or an Android HTC one.
I couldn’t find what’s happening yet.

Cheers !

I have used the SmartConfig library and when the network conditions are sufficient, the credentials are transferred and my spark connects.

The remaining problem I have is that the call back function is never called with FTC_SUCCESS. I only receive FTC_TIMEOUT after an appropriate period – even when the credentials are transmitted correctly!

Still can’t figure out how to detect when the credentials have been properly transmitted…