Spark IDE reporting flash success without actually flashing

I was working away on my app and flashed a few times. All of a sudden it was saying the normal “Flash successful! Please wait a moment while your Core is updated…” and then “Ready” but not actually doing anything. From some other failures I know it should timeout if it can’t talk to the core at all so I unplugged the core… magically it still said flash successful! Turned on the javascript debugger and found obvious failures being reported as success… obviously this is a coding bug on my side but not reported correctly.

{
“ok”: false,
“errors”: [
{
“ok”: false,
“app_id”: “[REMOVED]”,
“output”: “App code was invalid”,
“stdout”: “Building core-common-lib\nmake[1]: Nothing to be done for all'.\n\nBuilding core-communication-lib\nmake[1]: Nothing to be done forall’.\n\nBuilding user file: …/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.cpp\narm-none-eabi-g++ -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -DSTM32F10X_MD -DDFU_BUILD_ENABLE -I”…/…/core-common-lib/CMSIS/Include" -I"…/…/core-common-lib/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F10x/Include" -I"…/…/core-common-lib/STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Driver/inc" -I"…/…/core-common-lib/STM32_USB-FS-Device_Driver/inc" -I"…/…/core-common-lib/CC3000_Host_Driver" -I"…/…/core-common-lib/SPARK_Firmware_Driver/inc" -I"…/…/core-communication-lib/lib/tropicssl/include" -I"…/…/core-communication-lib/src" -I"…/inc" -Os -ffunction-sections -Wall -Werror -std=gnu++0x -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"…/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.d" -MT"…[REMOVED]/the_user_app.d" -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -g3 -gdwarf-2 -o “…/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.o” “…/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.cpp”\n",
“errors”: [
"…/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.cpp: In function ‘int findValue(TCPClient)’:\n…/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.cpp:49:65: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘;’ token\nmake: *** […/[REMOVED]/the_user_app.o] Error 1\n"
]
}
]
}

This is a known issue with the web IDE and is currently being worked on. For the time being the recommendation is to click the Verify button first before the Flash button to check if you have any errors. Thanks!

2 Likes