Spark Community Wiki

I think it might be useful to have a wiki. Even if the Wiki was mostly links to external information. I would like to see what other projects people are working on and how they are tackling them.

Peoples projects can get lost in a sea of GitHub repos, but at least with a central place linking to them they would be easy to find. I realize right now there aren’t many repos.

Also an FAQ section would be helpful to newcomers.

I agree a community wiki is going to be pretty valuable.

Forums are great, if you know what to search for… but if you want a Table of Contents for various projects and code references… a wiki is a better format for discovering new things, or the areas you are most interested in.

Definitely need a FAQ right on spark.io, with a search. I can just see questions like dimensions, power requirements, ad-hoc mode? being asked over and over again.

I think that’s a great idea. Unfortunately the designer in me hates every Wiki out there; I’ve yet to come across one that isn’t terribly ugly. Do you guys have Wiki platforms that you like?

Probably won’t get something like this up until closer to September, as right now the team’s focused on a bunch of long-lead-time stuff to prep for manufacturing.

Next to this Discourse forum, all wiki’s will look atrocious…

…but I honestly don’t mind the look of this wiki :wink:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

I know what you mean @zach all the wiki’s I have used have been less than satisfactory. I have mostly used MediaWiki.

DocuWiki looks like a well rated one.
Here is a Live Demo of it.