I have been using Spark now for quite sometime and want to bring to your attention this problem. This is showstopper for me to prodcutize.
- My application is taking some 55 bytes input from Serial Port every 3 sec or so
- It publishes this to the cloud immediately.
- I see sometimes Spark loses connection to cloud but gets back to normal state in few seconds. I can live with that althought would like to root cuase it also.
- After approximately 18 - 20 hrs, Core resets, show green flickering LED, gets back to cloud, start breathing Cyan as if everything is OK.
- I had put in debug messages on USB to check what is the issue at that time but to my surprise, core had not enumerated so no Serial Port could be connected.
- I just manually reseted the core and it came back without any issue.
- Second time this happened. I tried to reflash new code through internet to see connectivity, I was able to do it without any problem.
- This is very big problem for me, if Core resets and does not come back to original state and requires users intervention.
- There is no way I can productize this if I will have to run service calls for resetting the core.
- I am using latest firmware and compiling my app with that.
How can I debug this further and provide logs etc since Serial Port is dead after it resets? I have JTAG debugger so can put some breakpoints if someone suggests where to put it.
Further I created 4 line app which just publishes message every 3 sec and does not receive anything on UART . This is just to rule out any thing to do with UART. It is running right now but will have to wait for some hrs before that condition happens.