[Solved] Pod install failure

Following the guide: GitHub - rickkas7/particle-ios-swift-cocoapods-setup: Tutorial for setting up a Particle Device Setup iOS project using Swift and CocoaPods

i am getting the following error when doing 'pod install'

!] Invalid Podfile file: syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting '}'
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1561\cocoasubrtf400
^
/Users/xxx/Documents/Particle/iOS/PhotonRemote/Podfile:2: syntax error, unexpected $undefined, expecting '}'
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Menlo-Regular;}
^
/Users/xxx/Documents/Particle/iOS/PhotonRemote/Podfile:2: syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting end-of-input.

Am following the guide to the letter. Can anyone help point me to the right direction?

Thanks!

I think the syntax changed since the guide was written.

Create a Podfile. It’s located in the top level of the project, in the same directory as the .xcodeproject file. You’ll probably want to do this from Terminal as you’ll need to execute some commands.

source 'https://github.com/CocoaPods/Specs.git'

target 'Setup01' do
    pod 'ParticleSetup'
end

Replace Setup01 with the name of your project.

This might be helpful as well:

Good day Rickkas,

I was following that guide previously to try setup, but wasn't able to.

I managed to solve the problem by using the following command to create the Podfile: 'pod init'

There after, I added the pod 'ParticleSetup' into the Podfile.

and the output

Analyzing dependencies
Downloading dependencies
Installing 1PasswordExtension (1.8.5)
Installing AFNetworking (3.2.1)
Installing Particle-SDK (0.7.0)
Installing ParticleSetup (0.8.0)
Generating Pods project
Integrating client project
[!] Please close any current Xcode sessions and use PhotonRemote.xcworkspace for this project from now on.
Sending stats
Pod installation complete! There is 1 dependency from the Podfile and 4 total pods installed.
[!] Automatically assigning platform ios with version 11.4 on target PhotonRemote because no platform was specified. Please specify a platform for this target in your Podfile. See https://guides.cocoapods.org/syntax/podfile.html#platform.