Reworking older IOS app to work with ParticleSDK and ParticleSetup

Hi,
I have an app I made to work with SparkSDK and SparkSetup, but want to fully morph it to use ParticleSDK and ParticleSetup, before I continue development on the app.

I’m not much of an IOS developer, I fumble thru the processes, and so far eventually get things working.

Can anyone give me a procedure to work thru to clean up my app within Xcode and using cocoapods to get rid of the old references referring to Spark?

I feel like I should add pods ParticleSDK and ParticleSetup to cocoa pods, then change my code in Xcode, later removing the SparkSDK and SparkSetup in cocoapods. Is that right? Am I making any sense? Is there a guide for this sort of thing anywhere?

Thanks!
J

1 Like

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

Unfortunately there’s no shortcut. Depending on how much code you have, sometimes it’s easier to start with a brand new project and add your code back in.

If you’re using CocoaPods and Swift, this tutorial may be helpful for setting up a new project.

1 Like

@rickkas7 thanks for the link. I’m set up and cocoapods is working and did use that tutorial, I was just hoping for a magic explanation on how to make an older project work with the newer SDK and Setup files.
Se la vie, I’ll start over. It’s not a big app, so it will probably be OK.
J

1 Like