SoftAP not working in 0.8.0-rc.4?

Per topic, anyone else running this with success? I DFU’d the 0.7.0 firmware back onto the P1 then OTA reflashed with a 0.7.0 project rebuild and everything is operational again.

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @rickkas7 or @ParticleD are you able to assist?

I've reverted to 0.7.0 to make my softAP's operational, but there are memory related issues in this system firmware version. Specifically, the sizing of ram-based static instances using result->write content and .freeMemory() relationships.

I've shelved further investigation (like downgrading to 0.6.3) as I've got more pressing issues to wrestle as we start scaling up devices. I will have to circle back to this at some point as we rely on large, dynamically constructed softAP URL's and replies in our provisioning process.

I've made posts in the 0.7.0 issues thread:

Thanks in advance.

Any input on this? I’ve started updating my products to 0.8.0 rc4 for the additional troubleshooting options, however none of my devices will work with this FW, and it also seems to affect the particle app.

Why going for rc.4 when rc.11 is already out?
Also, what issues do you experience exactly?

I had worse stability issues with rc10 when it was released, but haven't tried rc11. With rc4, the softAP seems to work fine, the webpage is broadcast as expected, searching for available connections works fine, but when you enter the password and click submit, it doesn't send the information to the photon, like the submit button isn't active.

The android app won't connect to any photons running rc4, they all show up fine when searching, but trying to connect results in an error. See this thread for more details.

I'm running version 2.3.4, but the error is the same.

Have you reported your findings as GitHub issues?

I haven’t, I don’t want to report it if it was already reported or there was a solution so I checked here. I’ll do it now.

1 Like