Shop Bench Ideas

Hi all…

I am starting to think about either building or buying a new couple of benches for building my projects… The features I want is comfort of course. Space and some stacks on top to put the osciloscopes and the solder station bases as well as other test equipment…

I also need some space for common component drawers…

Does anyone have a bench that can recommend or show ?? I want to see ideas before committing!! Any idea or picture welcomed!

I had a clean up month or so ago, been dying for an opportunity to share some pics of my man cave!!!

I bought some shelving for all my power tools, socket sets, drillbits and screws etc.

my workbench is just a cheap desk from Ikea, with a bookshelf on each side and a shelf bridged between the bookcases. a small toolbox for screwdrivers and pliers crimpers and all that sort of crap. small shelves hold my every-day stuff like heat gun, glue gun and soldering iron, multimeters and stuff. the powerboard on the wall is awesome because its easier to put tools away as soon as you finish with them rather climbing under a desk. I wouldnt recommend putting the little parts draws up so high like mine are, i have to stand on the chair to find anything…

and you always need a really good rubbish bin… no point hiding it under the desk!

2 Likes