So I’ve got a rather interesting “red flash” issue.
Here’s the timeline of events:
- Core has been running some code for the last day or so with no problem (Programmed using WebIDE)
- I walk in this morning and the core is rapidly flashing RED (just red)
- I press RST… it resets but returns to flashing red (rapidly)
- I do a factory reset and put in the WiFi credentials
- The core connects to the spark cloud (breathing cyan)
- I upload my earlier code (WebIDE)
- Core goes through the normal flashing process and then starts blinking red, with no determinable pattern.
- I do another factory reset and try a simple LED fade program.
- Core flashes and then begins rapidly blinking red
- I start writing this message (about 5 minutes after 9.) and while doing so flash the sample LED Blink program
- The core successfully flashes and begins blinking
- I am now able to flash the previously not-working LED fade program onto the core
- I am able to flash the original program onto the core
- After walking away from the core for a few minutes I notice it is flash rapidly red again but appears to “recover” after a minute and return to running the code.
What the heck is going on? How did the core “fix” itself and what am I doing that led the core to flash red and not accept new firmware for about 15 minutes?
I have no problem posting code but I figured I’d ask first to see if it was a simple mistake. My code is fairly basic so I don’t think it’s running out of memory but perhaps it is.
Thanks for the help