Recommended firmware version for my old Electron

Hi guys,

What firmware/Device OS version you recommend i flash on my Electron? I now have 2.3.0. Not sure which one i should upgrade to without having issues or bricking my device. I don’t have any code at the moment on it other than a publish event to test out a Twillio integration.

Thank you so much for your help.

Alex

2.3.0 is the recommended version for the Electron and E Series.

There are a small number of changes in the 3.x release line for Gen 2, but unless you specifically need one of those changes it’s best to stick with 2.x.

2.x is a Long Term Support (LTS) release so it will continue to be supported longer than 3.x.

The 4.x LTS and 5.x release lines will not support Gen 2 devices.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help Rick. Are there any power saving features in 3.x that are better than 2.x? Interested in power saving modes and battery saving capabilities mostly for my project.

Thank you again.

There is a possibility that a small number of changes in 3.x that were never backported to 2.x could be added in a future 2.x release, say 2.4.0. This is not definite yet, but it is being considered.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.