Re-connecting my old Spark Core

I found an old robot I made that uses the old Spark Core (now renamed Photon I believe?) and I would like to connect it to a new WiFi IP.

The Core was programmed to not connect to the cloud with #include "spark_disable_cloud.h" so I could use it without internet connection, and from my notes it seems I could set a new WiFi access point over USB serial with: spark setup wifi with the Core in dfu mode.

I tried downloading the old spark-cli source but it wouldn’t compile. The new particle-cli can’t see the Core when it’s connected via USB in dfu mode (blinking yellow), I tried this on two separate machines, windows and mac. dfu-util l does find it though:

Found DFU: [1d50:607f] ver=0200, devnum=13, cfg=1, intf=0, path="20-2", alt=1, name="@SPI Flash : SST25x/0x00000000/512*04Kg", serial="8D7F54764854"
Found DFU: [1d50:607f] ver=0200, devnum=13, cfg=1, intf=0, path="20-2", alt=0, name="@Internal Flash  /0x08000000/20*001Ka,108*001Kg", serial="8D7F54764854"

I’m out of ideas - anyone know what else I could try?

Merry xmas btw!

You should be able to use the current Particle CLI and use the

particle serial wifi

command instead to reconfigure your Core’s Wi-Fi. The Core must be in listening mode. Hold down the MODE button until the status LED is blinking dark blue.

You may also want to

particle flash --usb tinker

to replace the firmware that’s on your device now with the factory firmware. The Core must be in DFU mode (blinking yellow). Hold down the MODE button and tap RESET then continue to hold down MODE until the status LED is blinking yellow.

Thank you rickkas7, I was trying particle setup wifi for some reason, and even though particle serial list gave no results particle serial wifi did work :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.