Photon will not connect to the WiFi - flashing green

Hi all,

I’ve been out of town for a few weeks, and I’m trying to get connected to my Photon again. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to want to connect to the internet - it just keeps flashing green without connecting. It’s been doing this for more than an hour now. I’ve tried resetting the Photon, updating the Photon firmware via USB, reflashing my own firmware (using safe mode as well) - no luck. I’ve tried powering via USB in case my batteries weren’t holding charge - still no luck.

I’m currently connected to a university network, which does require a username/password is an open network actually.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

@ashiundar, most likely something on the university network changed and is causing the issue. I’m not sure how you connected to a network that requires a username and password as the Photon doesn’t support that.

Woops sorry, I lied in my original post. The university network I’m using doesn’t require a password to connect. But the university did send out an email a few weeks ago saying they are upgrading their firewall settings at the end of the month. I have a feeling they may have started some changes early - hence the problems. I’ll try contacting the technology office and see if they can offer suggestions.

1 Like