We’re running into an issue where brand-new out-of-the-box photons refuse to allow devices to connect to their SoftAP the second time we put them into setup mode. When joining their SoftAP network it either immediately drops the client device or asks for a wifi password.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open brand-new photon, connect to power, make sure it’s in wifi setup mode
- Using the iOS or Android Particle app, go through the SoftAP setup process to connect it to you wifi network (this works well)
- Put the Photon BACK into wifi setup mode and go through the wifi setup process again in the app (we’re using the same wifi network)
- At the step where you connect to the Photon’s SoftAP, the OS will ask for password (iOS) or the app will just hang and keep trying to connect (Android)
- If it doesn’t fail the 2nd time, it will frequently fail the 3rd time through
Any idea what’s causing this issue? It’s highly concerning to us since we’re using stock code from Particle (no user firmware installed yet) and we essentially end up with devices that we cannot reconnect to the network no matter how many times we reset them.