[Photon] Particle Android app error: "Setup process couldn't disconnect..."

I have upgraded firmware to the 0.4.3 version, tried all troubleshooting procedures, but nothing has helped. Apparantly, one of my two Phtons is a draff, so just 50% production success.

I have what seems to be the same problem but with what has been a working photon. (I was experimenting with UDP buffer size and may have overwritten something - or that might have been a coincidence and nothing to do with the problem.)
Anyway when I reset the photon I get a flashing green followed by fast cyan/very fast red. (Nothing like the red SOS)
Safe mode didnā€™t get me out of the problem so I tried a factory reset and ran the Particle Android app. I got stuck at the "Setep process couldnā€™t disconnect ā€¦"
I have used dfu-util to reload the firmware (v0.4.4)
I followed the instructions to obtain the photon ID and ran keys doctor and keys send
Still flashing cyan/red and still reporting ā€œSetup process couldnā€™t disconnect ā€¦ā€

Can you also try flashing the server public key. Photon setup flashing cyan with a "quick red burst" (now orange burst) [Solved]

1 Like

Thanks - Iā€™ve done that. The keys problem is fixed with the new public key.
Looking at the flashing cyan/red thread also points to the likely cause - a power brown out.
The Android app then told me the photon was owned by another user but let me change the owner.
Configure Wi-Fi and Connecting to Wi-Fi happened quickly but it hung on waiting for device connection (with flashing blue and the D7 led on)
Rebooting the router fixed that and Iā€™m now connected successfully again. Thank you @mdma and @bdub (for the keysstuff )
I was quite surprised to find that the photon has retained the name it had before all the trouble arose and despite the apparent change of owner. I guess that the association of name to device ID is at the Particle server end of things.