Photon flashing cyan and blinking orange

What i meant is to setup a mobile hotspot using your phone and configure your Photon to connect to the hotspot that has been created to see if it connects successfully.

I don’t have the ability to do this on my phone. In the meantime, I tried factory resetting. Now my photon is flashing green, and my computer can’t recognize the serial connection.

Issue mysteriously resolved itself. I still have absolutely no idea why.

My electron is now doing the same cycle with the orange blinks. Tried a firmware upate, tried key doctor, tried deactivating and reactivating SIM, read a bunch of other posts. Still unclear why it is doing this.
https://community.particle.io/uploads/particle/original/2X/d/dba659f07a55a6372566158aac14bf28ed7fffbd.gif

For green blinking, followed by cyan blinking, then red/orange blinks you should do both of these with the Photon/Electron in DFU mode (blinking yellow):

particle keys doctor <deviceid>
particle keys server

It’s possible for a corrupted server key to cause the problem as well as a problem with device keys; the particle keys server command with no additional parameters will reset the server key for your device.

That did it, the particle keys server is what I was missing.

This worked for me (had blinking cyan with orange/red outbursts) - Thank you!!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.