Photon could not connect to cloud after the safe mode

now after some tries, the photon can connect to the cloud and download new application right now. However, even after the successful downloads, the photon is always breathing the mega color , not the cyan

Just to check, you had already updated system firmware to 0.4.4 when it was released about two weeks ago?
If not, this might be the reason for what you are seeing, since the auto-update will take about 10 minutes, if you leave it alone.
If you interrupt the update, you might cause some mess that will take some more effort to repair.

If you’ve got the CLI installed, hook up your Photon and place in in DFU mode. Then, issue particle update using the CLI. After that, place in in DFU mode once more, and do particle flash --usb tinker. Then, configure your credentials with particle serial wifi while it’s in listening mode.
Confirm everything if working by trying some of the Tinker features (toggling D7 for example), and check to see if the LED in breathing cyan.
Once that is confirmed to be working, and only then, you can try and load your own firmware. Do not try to flash other firmware before it’s known to be working with the default Tinker. That way we can rule out issues with the device/setup. You should be able to use a method of your preference, be it the Web IDE, the CLI, or Particle Dev, to flash your firmware. If the LED is misbehaving then, then it’s likely there’s an issue with your code, rather than your Photon.

1 Like

Hi, Moors7, it takes me a while to have time trying the approach. I followed your advice to do particle flash --usb tinker to my photon, it works very well, at the end the photon is breathing cyan. However, when I flashed the blink-an-led.ino examples from web IDE, the photon was successfully downloaded and loaded with new firmware, but again at the end, when it is connected to the cloud, not breathing cyan, but blinking the mega color again. How can I fix it ?