2/7/2017: Bug fixes and improvements to the Web IDE
We care a lot about the way that our tools help you achieve your goals and we know that sometimes the experience can be affected by bugs. This sprint we knocked some off and also added some small improvements.
- Fixed: Users could change selected device when a flash was in progress. Sometimes, in a rush, users changed their starred device during a flash, and this caused some minor confusion. You will see a modal if you try this now, so hopefully, no more confusion around.
- Fixed: Claiming a device is broken in the Web IDE, as it also loads products. After claiming a device, the list of products was loaded in the list of devices. This doesn’t happen anymore, now only your cool new device will be added to the list.
- Fixed: Remember last code a user had open, reopen when they return We want you to be able to get back to your code fast, so after opening an app, next time you go to build.particle.io, you will be presented with the last app you’ve opened.
- Fixed: Refresh devices doesn’t show newly claimed devices Claim a device through the CLI or the API? We’ll make sure it shows up when you hit the refresh button in the Devices sidebar.
- Improved: Device selection Previously, if you deselected the active device, flash and verify were disabled until you selected a new one. You must now change your device target to another device to “un-select” the original one.
- Improved: Console menu item now directs to /logs. Need a quick sneak peek of what your device is telling to the world? Click on the Console icon and we will show you. Not seeing anythings in the logs? Make sure you’re publishing events.