Particle SDK for .net core

Hi,

I successfully created a Windows desktop app (.net) using the ‘particle sdk’ and its great…

Now I need to port similar code onto my webserver, so that I can access ‘Particle Cloud’ directly from there.

BUT…

Seems that the SDK doesn’t support .NetCore yet :-((.

Anyone know how I might achieve this please ???

Thanks

BR

Graham

I haven't got experience with .Net, but what exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you want a webpage which you can use to control your particle devices? If so, there's the JavaScript SDK that can help there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @GrahamS, What version of .NetCore are you using? I’m currently doing some work with the SDK and can get this in. With so many versions of .Net out there we haven’t added support for everything yet.

1 Like

Hi @GrahamS,

There are a few .Net SDKs for the Particle API out there, here are a few:

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
David

1 Like

Now theres a thought :slight_smile: - my web page has javascript behind it so Il='ll have a look for that. Thnks for the pointer

Best Regards

Graham

Well…I am just in the process of upgrading that site to .NetCore 1.1 :-O. If I can’t make that happen I will revert back to 1.0.1 I guess…

Be good to have a version as I also want the website to get its data from a publish interface (currentl do a direct HTTP post to my own website…

Thanks

Best Regards

Graham

Dave,

Thanks for the reply but it looks like these stop an .Net 4.5, and .NetCore is a brand new rewrite from Microsoft :-((.

BR

Graham

Hi @GrahamS,

Ohh, well that’s very confusing naming! :confused: I’ve done lots of .Net but I wasn’t aware of .NetCore. Maybe someone else has played around with it and has a wrapper for the API?

Thanks,
David

I’m currently in process of moving the current libraries over. Since I hadn’t seen any requests, wasn’t in a hurry. Maybe I need to step up my game.

1 Like

I have written a library that works with .Net Core/Xamarin based on SprakSharp that wraps the Particle Cloud API. I also wrote a library to setup Particle Device. I can have it posted on github sometime this weekend, if there’s a lot interest.

Hi Guys,

OK so - not having a simple plug-in library (currently rebuilt my app on .net core with .Net 4.6.1, then upgraded to Core1.1) - I delved into the REST spec myself and have written a couple of HttpClient functions (so far) to access my devices. I don’t use Xamarin anyway and my app will be running on an Azure web server - so I want/need to keep it simple.

My only current need is to subscribe to a defined set of events, and to call some setup functions - so this will probably be my way forward - a simple set of classes just to wrap the Cloud functions I need - keeps it lean and mean ;-).

Thanks for all your interest/help…
Best Regard
Graham

Hope this is useful feedbak

@GrahamS great to hear. I’ll ping you when the new version is released.

@mrabie I built the official .Net SDK and am well on the way for the one on .NetCore, but I’m sure there are others that my be interested in your library.

Cheers,
-Justin