Particle PO not listed in device manager -Windows 10

photon
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fe21de154e0>

Hello,

I have two Particle Photons that I am trying to connect via USB. Both are not recognized by Windows 10 device manager. Also, when I run particle update from the command line, the usb device is not recognized and it cannot find a device.

I am able to put the photon in DFU mode (yellow blinking) but it is still not recognized.

I have tried two different photons, same issue.
I have tried different USB ports, same issue.
I have swapped out the USB cable, same issue.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the particle CLI, same issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mcfly

Output from my attempt:

C:\Windows\system32>particle flash --usb tinker -v

!!! I was unable to detect any devices in DFU mode…

Your device will blink yellow when in DFU mode.
If your device is not blinking yellow, please:

1. Press and hold both the RESET/RST and MODE/SETUP buttons simultaneously.

2. Release only the RESET/RST button while continuing to hold the MODE/SETUP button.

3. Release the MODE/SETUP button once the device begins to blink yellow.

Error writing firmware: No DFU device found
VError: Error writing firmware: No DFU device found
at Promise.resolve.then.then.then.then.then.catch.err (C:\Users\jmoos\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\dist\cmd\flash.js:206:13)
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:189:7)
caused by: Error: No DFU device found
at ensureError (C:\Users\jmoos\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\dist\lib\utilities.js:421:14)
at Promise.resolve.then.then.then.then.then.catch.err (C:\Users\jmoos\AppData\Local\particle\node_modules\particle-cli\dist\cmd\flash.js:206:24)
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:189:7)

Do you at least hear the “new device connected” sound in Windows when plugging in a device?
Does anything change in Device Manager at all when you plug in a device?
Can you post a screenshot of your DevMgr with the Photons in DFU Mode and connected to the PC?
How did you install CLI?

You shouldn’t run CLI from within C:\Windows\system32 or any other system directory with limited privileges.

Would also be quite curious about the output of dfu-util --list when the device is connected!