Particle Mesh is shipping: everything you need to know

@kmmonk

I have an order that must be close to these others, too, and would love some assistance.

My concern is with Fedex vs Fedex Smartpost. My order might be enough to get over the one point limit mentioned for Smartpost. My shipping address is a PO box, as my town doesn’t have street delivery by USPS. All my particle stuff has been fine previously, but this order is a little larger than I’ve made before. Can you help identify if mine will come by Smartpost?

If it’s Smartpost, it’s no problem, I’m confident I will get it, but if it comes fedex, it’s unlikely to get to me without being returned with the way it’s addressed. We have this trouble all the time when we can’t identify the method of shipping. Hopefully the PO Box in the address will just sort this out, but I’ve had dozens of packages go awry. We also have the opposite problem when we think it comes via courier but it is instead sent USPS, and they won’t lift a finger to try to help us get a package, even if we know it’s in the building!

Thx,
J

I totally understand your concern here! I’ll check with the fulfillment team to see what’s the case for situations like this. When I checked your order, you’re definitely over the 1lb mark. Our office closed early today to allow the US team to go vote, so I’m not sure if I’ll get a response today or not. Once I do though, I’ll let you know!

Also, :wave: from down the mountain-ish!

1 Like

Should everyone receive an email CC receipt? I see on my CC a charge on the 31st of October but I have not seen an email stating my CC has been charged from Particle. I have checked all possible non-inbox locations. I also understand that a shipment email will eventually follow.

2 Likes

You should receive a receipt/invoice when your card is charged. If you didn’t get that, you can reach out to the support team and we can get you a copy of that.

@Mohoganogan I’ve checked on yours and I’ll send you a DM with a copy of that.

Very strange. I received your email/board message about my receipt. Any reason why it was not originally sent to me?

Not sure why you never got it! Everything looks correct on my end, but I’ll check with my ops team to see if they can shed any more light on why you may not have gotten it.

Thank you. Is it possible to gauge where our order falls in the 6000+ based upon the order number. For example if order number 4000 was the first mesh order and I am 6000 I would know that I am about 1/3 down from the beginning of the shipments. If not that is ok too. If the pre orders are mixed in with standard order numbers my idea would not work.

The pre-orders are separated from any other orders placed in the retail store and all of the pre-orders will be shipped before any of the retail orders. The preorders go from 1000-7000 or so, with some orders already shipped out, with a majority of them starting in a couple of days. If you were 4000, you’d be about middle of the road for shipments.

the issue of no notification at time of charge is fairly widespread. there are several posts to the various threads that report the only way the poster became aware of the charge was to check their bank card account. i was among the many who reported no notifications. for instance, a week out from the start of this process i have gotten no email notifications generated by the charge/ship process. my order was complete within 20 mins. of the announcement email on 2/13/18 so i assume i’m close to the front. btw, i understand your process and glad the shipping will start soon.

I was also one of the first to place a pre order but I’m middle of the list now so I’m assuming if you made a change to your order during the wait it may have pushed you back further into the line.

2 Likes

yes @RWB. I have heard that. i have made no changes, additions, or otherwise. it is the same as it was on 2/13/18.

Is the order number on the invoice the number that starts with INV7 plus four more digits. Is it these four that you said start at 1000 and go to 7000+? Otherwise there is no order number that can be seen by me the customer. Thanks again.

In the top right corner of the invoice, it should say “Customer PO# : MP----”

The 4 digits after the MP are what I was referring to.

1 Like

I can confirm that. I made several changes to my order and my number is 6227. I was bumped to the back of the line. I also received no invoice. Had to request it via support ticket. It’s okay, just another couple weeks of anticipation.

1 Like

Ordered and changed my order on the 13th Feb. I’ve had no email and only noticed via by bank account. Lack of emails seems very widespread.

Ordered before 1am on Feb 14th, never changed my order.

I found out from my bank that I was billed on Saturday, no communication from Particle. I get that delays happen, especially with something this complicated, and have no problem with that, but the lack of meaningful communication beyond 6 weeks of essentially it’s shipping any day now is another thing.

1 Like

You live and you learn… I ordered early on but made changes late in the piece which had the effect of dropping me way down on the list. As a consequence my package is likely to arrive shortly after I have gone overseas for a month.

I have made alternative delivery arrangements but there is a finite chance of my package going astray, a loss I cannot afford. All I can do is hope… Had I known I would not have made the changes.

Give Particle credit where it is due. My credit card was debited a few days before I received an invoice by email but such delays are understandable given the number of orders Particle is handling. Many other companies would have debited the card when the order was placed not shortly before delivery is scheduled.

I also have the same no invoice situation. My card was charged a week ago, but no comms from Particle that I didn’t initiate. I also found out I’m near 6000 in numbering, but ordered in the first hours of availability. I changed my order and that pushed me back in the que.
J

@ninjatill @OziGreybeard & @jimbol - Thanks for being patient and understanding. I’m looking into the reason why people who’ve made edits to their order were bumped down. I’ll update this once I know more.

@JumpMaster & @DevRandom - I know we’ve sent lots of email out, but it’s looking like quite a number of people haven’t received them. I know we sent something out a couple weeks ago (late October) saying we were about to start charging cards, etc. You should have gotten the invoice once your card was charged, but it’s looking like a decent amount of people never received that. If you want a copy of that, just submit a ticket here and I’ll get that for you.

1 Like

Question: Do the Boron LTE kits come with Particle SIM cards or do we need to get those separately? I just received my pre-order, the kits state they come with everything needed to get started but, I do not see any SIM cards.

Just wondering if I need to order the SIMs as well.
Thanks!
Nathan

1 Like