TL;DR - We’re hiring an IoT Customer Success Architect
Apply —> here <—
Particle is looking for a multi-skilled hardware engineer who loves tackling all kinds of engineering challenges in a fast-paced, customer-facing context, to join us as Customer Success Architect. You will work as an expert consulting engineer, directly supporting Particle customers of all sizes and stages as they scale on the Particle platform.
In this role you will engage with customers to understand their business requirements and architect a solution. Review and provide oversight on engineers developing hardware, firmware, and manufacturing. You will have past experience with electrical engineering, proven success in shipping electronic products, and knowledge of the Particle platform. This is a proactive and exciting role that requires context switching and investigation of issues that occur across many layers of the device <> cloud stack, and at many points along the hardware development timeline.
The ideal candidate loves addressing multiple challenges, often working them in parallel. You are someone who enjoys facing a new challenge and finding fast, effective, and robust, solutions to customer problems. You will bring a positive, can-do attitude to these investigations, because you will often be helping customers who are in a tight spot and need your expert help.
Particle is a very collaborative company, and you will have support from subject matter experts across the organization, including talented customer success managers who will assist in client management and project execution / problem solving.
- Collaborating with a Customer Success Manager to understand the landscape of customers, customer issues, and how to architect a solution for a customer
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners to architect an end to end solution for customers
- Providing oversight and reviewing partner’s implementation
- Participate in customer project scoping and defining critical components
- Developing and maintaining relationships with enterprise customers
- Engaging with customers to identify, understand, and quickly resolve engineering issues that may occur in product electronics, firmware, and manufacturing processes
- Conducting reviews of customer PCB files and firmware code files to identify specific issues that may exist in their designs
- Diving directly into customer firmware code, PCB designs, or manufacturing processes to implement changes and fixes, when appropriate
- Identifying issue trends across customers, escalating platform issues internally, and advocating for bug fixes and new features on behalf of customers
- Communicating your process, status, and proposed solutions in a clear, concise, and compassionate way
- Documenting knowledge gained from your customer experiences, so that the company, future team hires, and development partners can benefit
- Identifying process and platform improvements that will benefit the customer and increase proactive issue resolution across the company
- Travel, both domestically and internationally, may be a part of some customer projects
- 10 years of experience in electrical engineering, both hardware and embedded software
- Proven success in building, manufacturing, and shipping electronic hardware products, where you were the key factor responsible for project success
- Understanding of the modern manufacturing process, including BOMs, sourcing, DFM, and certifications
- Experience designing analog signal path for sensors.
- Experience designing high speed digital bus.
- Experience troubleshoot and remediate EMC issue.
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience in designing and tuning switching power supply
- Experience in designing water and dust proof design.
- Expert knowledge in PCB layout.
- Experience with agile and waterfall project methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and a thorough, compassionate approach to problem solving
- Experience with the following development practices: Analog, digital, and mixed-signal design, - - Good firmware development practices for constrained devices
- Experience with the following technical environments: ARM architecture, C and C++, Wi-Fi and/or cellular RF technologies, EagleCAD, Altium, and/or other leading EDA tools
- Experience building industrial products for enterprise clients
- Past work in a consulting environment and knowledge of consulting best practices
- Knowledge of new radio protocols like LTE Cat M1, Cat NB1, and LoRa
- Knowledge of different types of analog sensors
- Knowledge of different types of batteries
- Experience in designing test rig and test software,
- Direct experience with design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Direct experience with design for certification, and certification itself
- Good radio frequency (RF) design practices
- Experience working with or in China is a plus
- GitHub as a tool for storing, sharing, and collaborating on code
- Open source software development experience is a plus
Apply —> here <—
Good luck! – @Joe