P1 cannot join particle cloud

HI,

Just finished our first prototype board with the P1. After a few reflow issues, we have a good board. I was able to update the software over USB to 0.6.0. I am now trying to add the device to the particle cloud through the iPhone app. I can see the device appear under Photon-XXXX in WiFi however, it never completes joining the cloud. That is, I select the device in WiFi as the AP, but the iPhone app does not realize it has appeared. So I can never add the P1 to my devices.

Using App in iPhone X iOS 12… All the other devices (mostly Photons) work just like a charm.

Is there a different way that P1’s should be treated?

Thanks

Hello,

It has come to our attention that there are some breaking changes in iOS 12 that are causing issues at this step. I promise it isn’t just you.

It sounds like you’re doing everything right–but because of the breaking changes on Apple’s end, we will have to update the app.

I have recently tested the Android app and can confirm that Android setup is working.

If Android is not an option for you, then I recommend the CLI setup as an alternative as this is still working as well.

OK. I will us the CLI for now and I will wait for the update for the iOS app…

Thanks for the quick reply.