No Data Being Published

Hi, I have built a GPS tracker and it has been publishing data fine for a couple of days. As soon as I shipped it out as a test it stopped publishing data but it looks like it is still connecting every once in a while like it’s supposed to. I am using it in manual mode. Is there any info that can help me figure out what went wrong from the diagnostics data that is still being sent?

{
"device":{
"network":{
"cellular":{
"radio_access_technology":"LTE"
"operator":"AT&T Wireless Inc."
"cell_global_identity":{
"mobile_country_code":310
"mobile_network_code":"410"
"location_area_code":9
"cell_id":5142799
}
}
"signal":{
"at":"LTE Cat-M1"
"strength":22.68
"strength_units":"%"
"strengthv":-119
"strengthv_units":"dBm"
"strengthv_type":"RSRP"
"quality":5.88
"quality_units":"%"
"qualityv":-19
"qualityv_units":"dB"
"qualityv_type":"RSRQ"
}
"connection":{
"status":"connected"
"error":0
"disconnects":68
"attempts":1
"disconnect_reason":"unknown"
}
}
"cloud":{
"connection":{
"status":"connecting"
"error":-220
"attempts":16
"disconnects":30
"disconnect_reason":"error"
}
"coap":{
"transmit":768
"retransmit":208
"unack":6
"round_trip":1635
}
"publish":{
"rate_limited":0
}
}
"power":{
"battery":{
"charge":0.64
"state":"discharging"
}
"source":"unknown"
}
"system":{
"uptime":417319
"memory":{
"used":67472
"total":166776
}
}
}
"service":{
"device":{
"status":"ok"
}
"cloud":{
"uptime":2
"publish":{
"sent":1
}
}
"coap":{
"round_trip":411
}
}
}

HI @tdashmike , feel free to log a ticket at support.particle.io and we can check in deeper detail. Thank you!

@tdashmike ,

Welcome to the community.

I have seen this behavior before. It looks to me like this devices has very poor cellular signal (-119 dBA) and is able to connect to the cellular network but not able to successfully connect and publish to the Particle Cloud (see long round trip: 1635mSec, and high ratio of retransmits).

If possible, you might see if the device can be moved to a place with better cellular coverage.

Chip

Thank you, I found a while loop that may not be exiting so I guess it can still send the diagnostic data since the system is running on another thread. I will take note of the cellular signal however and see if it correlates.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.