@will Are there any plans on the roadmap for bidirectional NFC communication? And if so, do you have any idea on the timeframe?
Let me elaborate my use case for this please…
I want to build a sensor solution where the sensor is build-up out of 2 parts (each containing a microcontroller):
- the first part is the communication part to the cloud and has the power supply
- the second part is a removable part that contains the sewing element and receives its power by induction from the first part
So we make sensor where the measuring part is replaceable so that calibration can be done off-line and no configuration has to be done by replacing the sensor since all configuration of communication is in the fist part.
Both parts can only communicate with each other on a very close range (so NFC for this) and we do not need to pair them so a bidirectional communication would be fantastic.
Te advantages are legio:
- no connectors between both parts
- offline calibration
- no configuration of the sensing part
- 2 completely sealed units (so both can be IP65)
Thanks for the feedback or any ideas on this,