New Asset Tracker Kit -- Is it available w/o the Electron?

Gotcha - added like to that too - Thanks!

1 Like

I have never once experienced that. Vibrations don't usually turn screws that don't already have a rotating force exerted on them, and the adjustment screw is ... well, it's a screw, if you take one of those pots apart. It's like a worm gear that interfaces with teeth on the actual potentiometer. I don't see vibrations making a mess of that, and I am more than willing to be proven wrong, because I know and have experienced relatively little.

If vibrations DID turn the screw when it had heat shrink tubing pulled down over it, that would probably going to be OK in this situation because the Asset Tracker handles a large range of voltages.

I don't see anything inadvertently turning that tiny screw when it has heat shrink tubing pulling down on it, and I haven't really thought about it much, because I haven't had that problem once.

If you guys are worred about the voltage POT screw vibrating some and causing output voltage changes which is certianly possible then just get a buck converter that has a hard set 5v output and never worry about that. :

1 Like

Back to the original topic here, If Particle does not want to make the V2 available as a stand alone purchase on the web site how making it a one time replacement option to those that have purchased the V1 board?

I think its been another year. Any chance we can get an update on this team Particle? I think many of us would all love to be able to buy the gps tracker without the Electron.

Thank you.

1 Like

The AssetTracker V2 shield is not available without the Electron.

Sorry,
Rick @ Particle

Thanks Rick. Appreciate the quick response.

Cheers.

Hey everyone!! I wanted to let you all know that the Asset Tracker v2 is now available without the Electrons in our store! You can check that out here. I know this has taken a while to become available, but I’m really excited that we can offer this now!

Let me know if any of you have questions! I’ll be happy to help out!

Kevin

5 Likes

I imagine that is going to make a lot of people very happy. Well done particle and @kmmonk

Cheers and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing this