Electron + Asset Tracke + Temperature monitor

Hello all,

I would like to build a device based on the asset tracker kit to monitor position and temperature in a vehicle.
I have tried to find out if it is possible to do this as a mobile solution (battery based)
The idea is to have the device to wake up every 15 minutes and send current position + temperature.

What I am trying to find out is if its possible to do this wit the internal battery included in the kit?
2000 mah, how long would it last before it need charging?
I think both the gps and the gsm needs a quite long cycle to find out position, send it and then go to sleep.

Have tried to search the forum without success

If possible power the Electron off the vehicle battery. If that’s not possible then add a small solar panel to recharge the battery daily. The 2000mah battery will only last so long.

1 Like

Hello
The whole idea is that it should be a mobile solution (to throw in to our subcontractors who we hire in from time to time).
So making an installation including drilling holes, routing cables etc, i think is not the best solution.

Has there been any tests to see how much consumption it takes to power up antenna + gps, send position and go back to sleep? This will then occur 96 times per day so quite easy to conclude how long a battery will last (and how big battery I must buy)

Just charge the battery to full and let run until the battery SOC hits 15 to 20 percent.

1 Like