Manage WiFi Credentials

Is there a way to list the WiFi Credentials stored on Core ?
Is there a way to force connection with a specific WiFi network?

ps. i’ve no found it on docs

Thanks

No, this info is stored in the CC3000. And it is difficult, if not impossible, to retrieve it. Sorry :(. Take it up with TI :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

Any news on whether the Photon will allow accessing the WiFi credentials ?

It sounds like such credentials should be encrypted/unaccessible via code.

Just my 2 cents worth :smile:

1 Like

Actually it would be useful to list the ssid’s - not the passwords.

It should at least be possible to list the connection details in order to replace them.

A call to ‘WiFi.SSID()’ gives you the name of the wireless network a core is currently connected to.

1 Like

The photon could list the SSIDs and security details of wifi networks that is will join, but not the passwords. Is there a compelling use case for this?

good !

joking with wifi i’ve found to main core led status:

Breathing green:
Solid cyan:

Someone know what means this status?

It would be useful for me. Scenario is - I want to lend a core to my friend to use for a couple of weeks without registering him to my core. I meet him for lunch, not at his house.

Scenario 1 : Use a router at home and fake his WiFi connection details at my house so when he takes it home it connects to his network. I have 10 cores, so it would be helpful to see which ones I configured to connect to what network in the past so I can flash the correct one.

Scenario 2 - use something like :

And give him the access point and the core for a couple of weeks, so its useful to see which access point is configured in which core. Its not that easy to make a core connect to the WiFi network you want (out of multiple available networks) to check if it connects.

If the Photon will include a simpler way to pass cores to friends then I guess it becomes less useful.

Hi @mdma,
Any idea whether listing ssid’s is a planned feature for the Photon ?
Am I able to create a ticket to request this feature ?

Thanks.

Sure, feel free to create an issue in github under the spark/firmware repo. Please give as much detail as you can about what you need and we can work out a plan!

Ok I will.
I was just thinking of something like :

Wifi.getCredentials() or Wifi.getSsids()

returns an array of strings with the SSIDs in it.

Ok, I created an issue :

1 Like