[ISSUE] Some libs are undefined

Supporting information

• VSCode Version:Version 1.27.2 (1.27.2)
  • OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
  • Other extensions installed:
    ode --list-extensions
    [createInstance] extensionManagementService depends on downloadService which is NOT registered.
    Zignd.html-css-class-completion
    cazzar09.Gradle
    ecmel.vscode-html-css
    HookyQR.beautify
    jchannon.csharpextensions
    magicstack.MagicPython
    marus25.cortex-debug
    michelemelluso.code-beautifier
    ms-vscode.cpptools
    naco-siren.gradle-language
    particle.particle-vscode-core
    particle.particle-vscode-snippets
    particle.particle-vscode-theme
    vscjava.vscode-java-debug
    vscjava.vscode-java-pack
    vscjava.vscode-java-test
    vscjava.vscode-maven

I’ve been trying to compile some previously used code but I’m running into a couple of issues with normally pre defined libs 1:

LOW_BYTE HIGH_BYTE etc seem to be undefined. VS Code shows the squiggle and the compile fails. I thought these were part of the standard wiring libs, but I’m not sure.
I’m also trying to compile a BLE sample for the RedBear DUO, which works fine on Particle cloud.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/redbear/STM32-Arduino/master/arduino/libraries/RedBear_Duo/examples/03.BLE/BLEController/BLEController.ino
I’m getting errors on all the BLE functions and #DEFINES

The same question would be asked for any of the legacy IDEs too: What Device OS version are you targeting?

AFAIK, currently the supported platforms only are Electron, Photon, P1.

1 Like

HIGH_BYTE and LOW_BYTE are not defined anywhere in the regular 0.7.0 system firmware or wiring APIs.

At this time RedBear Duo is not supported in VS Code. I suspect HIGH_BYTE and LOW_BYTE may have been defined in the RedBear system fork if your code previously compiled.

2 Likes

Yup, sorry I thought it worked in Particle Cloud on a photon but it does not! I guess I’ll have to wait until 0.8.0 is supported in VS Code so that I can try BLE on my Xenon’s.