iOS SimpleAuth problems with socket connections

I can't seem to get the bottom of this one, so I am posting here. This is a similar problem to @domseb 's Problems device ownership doing Simple Authentication in my iOS app - #4 by KyleG although I get a slightly different error in that I can't claim the device:

"Setup process failed at claiming your Bug, if your Bug LED is blinking blue or green this means that you provided wrong Wi-Fi credentials, please try setup process again"

However, my Photon has successfully connected to wifi (breathing cyan). Here is my relevant code:

func sparkSetupViewController(_ controller: SparkSetupMainController!, didFinishWith result: SparkSetupMainControllerResult, device: SparkDevice!) {
		switch result {
		case.failureClaiming:
			print("sparkSetupViewController result: SparkSetupMainControllerResult.failureClaiming")
		default:
			print("didFinishWith result: \(result)")
		}
	}

@IBAction func addDeviceBtn(_ sender: Any) {
		if let newDeviceSetupController = SparkSetupMainController() {
			let newDeviceCustomization = SparkSetupCustomization.sharedInstance()
			newDeviceCustomization!.deviceName = "Bug"
			newDeviceCustomization!.productMode = true
			newDeviceCustomization!.productId = xxxx   // 4-digit from console
			newDeviceCustomization!.productName = "xxxxxxxxxxxx"   // Exactly as appears in console (with case-matching)

newDeviceSetupController.delegate = self
			self.present(newDeviceSetupController, animated: true, completion: nil)
		}
	}

And here are the logs I get:

And just to be sure, here is my latest pod update:

And I also just df-util'ed the Photon so it has the latest firmware.

Any help would be appreciated as Im now at a dead-end!

Hello,

Let me ping someone that might be able to help, @ido are you able to look into this?

Kyle

@tylercpeacock responded to my support email (Thanks!).

The problem was that I hadn’t added the Photon to my product in my console, as per Tyler’s email:

“A customer can only claim a Product created on the platform, whereas you as a Particle user can claim a Particle device”

@tylercpeacock / @ido, what does this mean for a final product release? That each device made must be manually added into the console before it ships???