Internet available, Cloud not reachable!

I know there’s been some backend issues that have been marked as solved, but I have a couple xenon’s that don’t want to connect:

[system] INFO: Cloud: connecting
[system] INFO: Read Server Address = type:1,domain:$id.udp-mesh.particle.io
[system] ERROR: Failed to load session data from persistent storage
[system] INFO: Discarding session data
[system] TRACE: Resolving e00_____________________.udp-mesh.particle.io#5684
[system] ERROR: Failed to determine server address
[system] TRACE: Address type: 3
[system] WARN: Cloud socket connection failed: -230
[system] WARN: Internet available, Cloud not reachable!
[system] WARN: Handling cloud error: 3

The gateway is working fine. These devices have been off since yesterday. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey there @peergum – please follow this thread for updates. We are pursuing a resolution that does not require a physical a physical device reset and will post more information as soon as we have a clear resolution.

I'm having the same issue today with 2 of 4 Xenons. I've tried rebooting all my internet equipment, the gateway Argon, even trying safe mode. The other 2 Xenons and the Argon are fine and reconnect instantly. I only have WARN level logging but it looks similar to kenmacd's original post, with this repeating:

0000001243 [system] ERROR: Failed to load session data from persistent storage
0000008252 [system] ERROR: Failed to determine server address
0000008252 [system] WARN: Cloud socket connection failed: -230
0000008254 [system] WARN: Internet available, Cloud not reachable!
0000008256 [system] WARN: Handling cloud error: 3

A 3rd Xenon is now stuck like this, the Argon and remaining Xenon are still fine. The LED status is blinking cyan (not breathing), then 3 orange blinks, repeating forever.

Finally remembered the solution is to power off all Xenons then turn them back on one at a time, now all 4 are back online.

@will so frustrating. Set up an Argon with a Xenon. Ran fine for a day, then the Xenon would not connect to the mesh that the Argon was in. Have tried following these directions, unclaiming, setting up new networks, tried adding brand new Xenon’s, factory reset. you name it, nothing works. Even got the Argon to connect to the cloud briefly, then within minutes back to square one with blinking cyan 3 orange blinks. Using 1.4.2. I am not sure how you can develop a product that has so many problems just making a simple 2 device mesh! These issues seemingly have gone on way too long. Now as I am typing for no reason at all I am breathing cyan. Unbelievable.

EDIT Now, without any reason at all, rapid cyan. The app does not find the network that was just created neither does the console. Yet the ping test from the app shows success and last heard shows the current time. Signal device does not work and it does not show up in the IDE in my devices. Just like that, SOS 1 red blink back to blinking cyan and 3 orange. Absolute waste of time