Problems with several Argons

I’m having about 20 Argons which report the following problem when trying to connect to the cloud via Wifi:
0000045230 [system] WARN: Internet test failed: DNS
0000045230 [system] WARN: Handling cloud error: 2
0000045332 [system] WARN: Failed to load session data from persistent storage
0000053230 [system] ERROR: Failed to determine server address
0000053230 [system] WARN: Cloud socket connection failed: -230

Device OS = 4.0.0 and led is breathing cyan after long time, but I get also next error:
0000065060 [comm.protocol] ERROR: Event loop error 1
0000065060 [system] WARN: Communication loop error, closing cloud socket

When connecting via ethernet cable, there is no problem. Also starting the Argon with a cable connection and then removing the cable so that Wifi connection is used from then gives no error.
I tried factory reset and creating new keys, but the problem stays and it seems that these Argons can not be used anymore. Other Argons using the same code don’t have this problem.
Anyone an idea what can be wrong? and how to solve it.

Looks like it has something to do with 2 access point with then same SSID. Removed 1 AP, and now it seems normal again. I’m investigating this further. If anyone has info regarding this issue, please let me know.



The Argon will work with multiple access points with the same SSID, and it will connect to the one with the strongest RSSI.

However, if one of the access points does not have an Internet connection, it will still connect to the strongest one even if it can’t connect to the Internet. From the error “Failed to determine server address” it looks like the AP it connected to either does not have Internet, or does not have DNS correctly configured for DHCP. The Argon wasn’t able to look up the IP address of the cloud server using DNS.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for your reply. It definitely has something to do with the AP: I switched it off, and now all Argons work without any problems. As I wrote in my first message, if I first make a connection via ethernet cable and then disconnect the cable from the Argon, the connection is also OK. So as you suggest, a misconfigured DNS may be the problem. I will investigate further.
Again, thanks for your support.